nomad4ever.com reached the 100.000 Visitors mark today! I want to thank all my Readers for their Interest, Comments and Support over the last 11 months! You fantastic people bring this Place alive!
I’m very happy that so many people are interested in this small Niche of Travel & Lifestyle and hope you guys continue to come back, comment heavily, sending me e-mails, criticism and suggestions.
Okay, it’s about time to look back how it all started and to evaluate some Statistics, Demographics, Developments and other Data:
I started the site on 1/11/2006, although I had a tiny travel blog before on Blogger, called Nomads + Vagabonds. Due to its limitations I decided to move up a level from the Blogger Platform; getting my own domain and starting afresh with a more professional blogging platform, based on WordPress. The old posts I imported to the new site. It’s amazing what one can simply try out and learn in just a few months about Blogging, Google, Webdesign, Widgets, Plugins, Adsense, HTML, SQL, Technorati and other technical stuff.
Besides the overwhelmingly positive responses from you Readers, this is also one of the main reasons for me to continue doing it; to keeping my brain juice flowing and learning something new every day. I know I won’t become rich from blogging, but please don’t mind the Ads, as they help to cover my hosting bills.
So far I can confirm, that I’m still a happy Blogger and satisfied with the overall development of the site and the response of you – my readers! I will continue to post at least 1 Post per week; sometimes more than that – if something interesting pops up in between or when I have a rare “idea explosion”.
Overall I continue striving for Quality over Quantity and some ideas just need to breed a bit longer, to turn out into something good and valuable. Which of course still isn’t always achievable.
Comments and questions I will try to address as soon they occur, in a timespan of maximum 48 hours.
Here are some Highlights and not-so-good things of the last 11 months:
- Constant Increase in Visitor Numbers
- Constant Increase in Google PageRank (from 0 to currently 5)
- Constant Increase in Alexa Ranking (although very volatile; currently 194.730, highest 182.000)
- Very Lively and Active Readers Base, I’m sure most Bloggers would die for!
- Strong Increase in numbers of Comments from Readers (588 Comments in 11 months – I love you guys!)
- No Hosting Downtime during lifetime of blog (during the Asian Internet Crash (12/2006 to 02/2007) it was reachable for Readers outside Asia, due to hosting in California)
- Internet Explorer 6 and 7 Cache Bug sometimes leaves middle pane of the Site blank, thus hiding the most important thing, the content from Readers (unfortunately 52.73% of Readers still use IE)
- in the recent months the visitor numbers hover constantly around the 300-400 mark per day, I’m looking especially into it, on how to break that ‘barrier’ and improve these numbers significantly
- Post High Quality Content more oftenly
- Welcome 1 or 2 Guest Writers from other Travel Regions of our beautiful Planet in the upcoming weeks
- What else would you like to see and read? Suggestions are welcome!
For Statistics Fans and ‘Number Crunchers’ – here are some transparent Statistics as of today. I’m basically dropping my pants – don’t worry! – just the cold, hard, honest numbers:
- Visitors: 100.004 from 191 countries
- Google PageRank: 5
- Alexa Rank: 194.730 (click here for Details)
- BlogTopList – Travel: Rank #5
- BlogTopSites – Travel: Rank #9
- Referring Sources: 1.180
- Top 5 Visitor Sources: Google (38.98%), Reddit (7.37%), Boing Boing (4%), StumbleUpon, (3%) MyBlogLog (3%)
- New Visitors: 89.33%
- Recurring Visitors: 10.77%
- Average Time on Site: 2.20 Minutes
- Blog Feed Subscribers: 125
- Day with highest number of Visitors: 5/11/2006 (5.107 Visitors due to ‘reddit.com’ Traffic for Bali: Expat Tries, Fails to Pay with Candy), other peaks on 2/5/2007 (1.578 Visitors) and 31/7/2007 (2.556 Visitors) due to ‘Boing Boing’ Traffic
- Day with lowest number of Visitors: 2/11/2006 (2 Visitors, after 21 on the first day 1/11/2006; mainly coming from the previous site)
- Comments from Readers: 588 Comments (718 including Trackbacks)
- Top 3 Commentators: Dodong Flores (40 Comments), JennDZ (17 Comments), Mike (16 Comments)
- nomad4ever - Flickr Pictures Views: 200 Photos with 4.805 Views
- nomad4ever – YouTube Video Views: 13 Videos with 18.889 Views
- Posts published: 194 in 35 categories (65 of those were taken over from the previous site Nomads + Vagabonds)
- Month with most number of Posts: 12/2006 (26 Posts)
- Month with least number of Posts: 02/2007 and 06/2007 (both with 6 Posts)
- Most viewed Post: How to downshift – learn to live more with less (8.469 Visits)
- Least viewed Post: Phuket Scattered by Storms…Surviving… (8 Visits)
- Best Revenue Earning Post: How much money do you need to retire?
- Google Revenue Earned: USD 686.88 (in 11 months)
- TextLinkAds Revenue Earned: USD 317.99 (since 04/2007)
- Hosting Costs Paid: USD 141.80 (for 2 years)
- Domain Costs Paid: USD 9.95 (for 2 years)
More Technical Statistics and Information for www.nomad4ever.com (Reader Info):
or save article to your Facebook with 1 simple click: